Project Manager - Software Delivery
12 month contract
To £40k basic
You will join a team of around 80 professionals, with a diverse client base in the gift /retail market ranging from individual store owners, through to high street chains and global corporations.
● They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects as the foundation for their systems
● An open, honest and transparent culture
● Empowering people to make decisions with impact
● Open to change in processes, techniques and skills
● A smart, motivated and supportive team
● They alue learning, agility and feedback
This role is a Temporary contract for 12 months, which might be extended depending on the project needs and successes.
What you’ll be doing
● Meeting contractual obligations
● Enhance the way they operate (processes, data, tools, MI and people) across all relevant stakeholders to provide the right level of transparency and optimise vendor management
● A can-do attitude, able to manage uncertainty and prioritise workload in a fast moving environment.
● Identify new opportunities to simplify technology estate, reduce complexity
● Ensure strong governance over the programme of work and effective stakeholder engagement and involvement in the programme
● Manage the pipeline of new activities to ensure there is adequate resource to meet deadlines.
● Cut through poorly defined requirements and flawed underlying data to find pragmatic ways forward
● Develop a roadmap to help identify and drive short-term and long-term enhancements
● Responsible for the delivery and service quality of assigned portfolio against agreed milestones. Monitoring these milestones and critical dates to identify potential risk to project schedule. Raising any blockers or issues with delivery. I
● Ensure all project teams /stakeholders have the tools and support required to perform effectively
● Support and champion process improvement, analysis and business process management
● Provide support in decision making and problem-solving
● Achieving excellent customer satisfaction
● Build relationships to enable successful engagement with a broad range of stakeholders (external
● Promotion of best practice within your projects and ensure that previous lessons learnt are adopted and new lessons identified for future benefit
● The ability to lead, influence and motivate others to deliver exploitable project outputs and programme outcomes;
● The ability to manage and influence stakeholders to ensure programme success.
● Ensure the project adheres to the appropriate policies and processes.
You should apply if you are...
● Drive and determination to achieve successful project delivery overcoming problems and issues as they arise and preferably beforehand
● Track record of successful delivery of development
● Pragmatic and reasonable
● Good problem-solving abilities
● Open, honest and enthusiastic team member
● Good communication and interpersonal skills
● Able to exercise good commercial judgement
● An understanding of budgeting and resource allocation
● Work to very tight timescales in a fast-paced and unrelenting Programme
● Manage, motivate, influence and develop the project team.
It’s a bonus if you have...
● Experience of working within an Agile environment
● Project Management qualification APMP, PRINCE 2
● Proven ability to decompose complex issues, to an appropriate level of detail, in a methodical manner
● Experience of systems and software engineering disciplines and their lifecycle.
● A salary that matches your skills and experience
● 33 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 36 days after 3 years service
● A bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of LiveLink, paid at Christmas
● 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
● Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme (& Medical Insurance for senior
● Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
● A healthy social calendar
● Learning and development