Lead developer - FoodTech startup
To £55k basic plus equity
We are very pleased to be working with an award winning London based FoodTech Startup fixing £800 billion worth food waste, efficiency and productivity problems in the restaurant industry. They are developing highly intelligent AI driven cutting-edge solutions that will deliver a 2 fold increase in restaurant’s operational efficiency as well as reduce up to 70% food waste in its value chain.
Currently backed by 3 angels / private investors with 25% of pre-seed round secured. They became part of Google for Start-ups ecosystem in Nov-19 in London and are also delighted to have received a top food-tech industry recognition. More recently, they were accepted into the world's largest pre-seed accelerator program (London - Silicon Valley 2020) run by Founder Institute.
We are seeking to appoint their very first hands-on experienced Developer to execute the product roadmap and act as a technical lead to a passionate engineering and data science team that the successful candidate will build over the next 12-18 months. As a Senior Developer, you will architect, design, code, integrate and deliver the next-generation software solution. In addition to having the opportunity to join and form a technical and product vision from early on, this role provides a unique potential for career growth and significant equity upside within an UK’s award winning FoodTech start-up.
- Oversee the development and transition of the codebase for Phase 1 MVP from an external development agency
- Take ownership of all aspects of native application development – including but not limited to product strategy, high performance designs, technical architecture, development, coding, security, debugging, scalability, development environment configuration and testing
- Define feature requirements and deliver products that materially impact the business
- Lead and project manage a new technical team that will be recruited (and also lead on the recruitment of team members)
- Act as the primary point of contact for technical matters with sales and operational team members.
What we are looking for in candidates:
Extensive understanding and experience with;
- Building services / systems in AWS, GCP, or Azure infrastructure
- Microservices architectures, design patterns and distributed architectures
- DevOps incl. Automation and CI/CD tools and implementation, e.g. Jenkins (test and build automation)
- PHP (Laravel)
- Containers and orchestration tools optional
- Work with noSQL DB systems
- Design and implement scalable APIs
- Bachelor in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of experience functioning as lead or senior-level developer
- Working experience in a digital native environment, Startup experience preferred
- Working experience with public cloud providers incl. cloud certification i.e. GCP Architect, AWS Solutions Architect
- Must be excited by technology and delivering solutions that are both practical and timely
- Continually find ways to improve development quality and pipelines
- Great problem solver and enjoys a fast paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to spend time with users and other stakeholders to understand their product needs
- Comfortable with rapid prototyping to validate early hypotheses on new features and able to adapt technical roadmaps quickly in response to user feedbacks
- Building products with data science and machine learning dependencies
- Competitive salary + Share Options
- 25 days annual leave and an extra day off for your birthday
- Discretionary annual personal performance bonus
- Additional Benefits, i.e. Pension, Health Insurance