Commercial /Data Analyst
Fareham /part remote
Up to £40k
I am seeking a bright and determined candidate with formal technical training and deep technical experience in the area of Data Reporting on complex databases with SQL and Business Intelligence and Insight tools for a critical role. My client is an energetic and ambitious business with strong financial backing and a unique digital model.
This role will produce the reports, dashboards and insights for the business and for the new Commercial and Strategy Lead role.
The aim is to sell more services to existing customers, increase the pace of growth in new accounts and win higher value sales from longer term service relationships with organisations across a broad range of market sectors both private and public.
The candidate will:
- Build deep knowledge of databases and a comprehensive understanding of the business and its relationship with the data
- Use Tableau Business Insight and Intelligence tool to develop reports, analysis and insights
- Respond to requests to produce new reports information and insight
- Suggest reports and analysis in support of the growth and efficiency aims of the business.
- Own the insight platform, which aggregates information from external and internal data systems
- Ensure all ETLs / data transfers are running efficiently and are up to date
- QC audit of input data from online analytics and internal file management systems
- Governance of management system data, ensuring the quality of data going in enriches the output and insight
- Support the marketing and finance functions with ad-hoc reporting via Tableau or SQL
- Work with the in-house marketing team to review, implement and maintain a clean tracking set up for all channels
- Work with key stakeholders to produce daily, weekly and monthly reports to drive day-to-day trading decisions
- Support the finance and marketing functions to build dashboards which surface actionable insight on commercial trading performance
- Deliver meaningful insights and hypothesis led analysis to feed back in to the distribution of marketing spend, website conversion and enquiry to meeting performance
- Create a strong working relationship with the finance, commercial and marketing teams to understand the broader picture of how data flows around the business
- Research and suggest new analytics products to help improve visibility of performance
This role will report to the new Commercial and Strategy Lead role. The role requires someone who is deeply inquisitive, has a meticulous nature, an eye for spotting trends in sets of data and a want to drive real commercial change.
This is essentially a technical role that will use the data to present information, analysis and insight to the business as requested and as offered. The role will develop a deep commercial understanding of the business.
This role will suit a candidate who foremost, has the technical competence to interrogate data and build reporting/dashboard suites to deliver insight. The candidate will be naturally proactive & inquisitive – someone who interrogates the data and feeds insight back into the business along with better ways of working.
- At least 3 years' experience in a commercial analytics role
- Advanced Excel capabilities (allowing rapid manipulation of data to drive insights)
- Direct experience of working with SQL (essential), Tableau (advantage but not essential), reporting tools such as Power BI, Qlik, Datastudio
- Examples of delivering key insights which have led to commercial performance improvement
- Formal qualifications in SQL / Excel etc