Salisbury /remote within 30 miles
Salary circa £35,000
Our client is changing the face of agriculture and we are now looking to hire a UX designer. The business was founded on heavily researched customer needs and everything is driven by experience principles. This role will work within the service design team focusing on the UX and visual design elements, but enjoy user research methods and translating them in to design.
Helping to deliver the best possible experience for users and the related Human Robot Interaction, you will also work on the integrated engagement and retention end to end experience. This will include social, outbound, content and corporate web experiences.
You will be integral in designing, testing and implementing an evolving service using single screen complex interfaces (like a better Google Maps), a multi-platform end to end customer engagement experience, and an integrated human robotic interaction experience.
The Experience Designer will work with the Head of Experience and the Head of Brand to also create ongoing quantification and benchmarking of the overarching effectiveness of the core experiences, and how they track alongside the evolution of the company and the service and tie back to the experience principles.
The Experience Designer will also support the Head of Innovation to explore and test new concepts and innovations with customers, interactors, investors and other audiences. While the Experience Designer will eventually work within a growing team, they will be expected to be able to initially research, pick up and use the tools necessary to get the job done.
● Understand the evolving vision of the end to end customer engagement, service and HRI experiences.
● Sketch, prototype, design and user test, before passing the design onto the development team
● Meet clients and stakeholders to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing or usability testing
● Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and good looking
● Understand and implement qualitative research methods
● Have an understanding of the costs and budgets of implementation, and understand the financial implications of design decisions
● Be confident in your presentation skills in order to present the stages of the design development to business users, stakeholders and partners
● Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including developers, robotics engineers and data scientists.
● Have technical knowledge to be able to explain what needs doing to programmers
● Ensure websites comply with the law and equal opportunities policies, and HRI experiences conform to local and national implementation legislations
What are we looking for?
● A Bachelor or Masters in user experience, design, psychology, or similar (not vital – a great portfolio and attitude trumps formal qualifications)
● Strong experience in mapping, and designing end to end services
● A desire to engage with; and define nascent HRI experiences and paradigms
● Some experience in qualitative research methodologies including interviews, one on one testing, surveys, and persona creation
● Some experience with quantitative research methodologies including tree testing, A/B testing, questionnaires, clustering, and analytics.
● Proven ability using techniques and products for rapid concepting, experience design and prototyping.
● Confident use of tools for concept sketching and testing (eg Marvel), UI implementation and high fidelity prototypes (eg Sketch, InVision etc)
● Confident use of tools for visual design (eg, Adobe Suite, Affinity or similar)
● Some experience of definition and execution of test processes and test planning
● Knowledge of converting test results into actionable design iterations.